Originally Posted By: Todd3138
TJ, I love the image in my mind that your planting vision has created. I can imagine your lane in fall with all the colors bursting off those trees. Really nice! Makes me think I should look at something like that in one area of my farm.

We have virtually NO evergreen trees in the area at all and I've been toying with the idea of getting a bunch of saplings and planting in some different areas. Anybody know of a good source for pine saplings? I know we planted literally (that's for you, Condello :D) thousands of them while I was in Boy Scouts and I believe that we were given the trees for free. I'd love to find a decent local, or at least regional, source for pines.

Your state DNR agency will have several types available for Spring planting. Typically have to order sometime in the Fall to reserve. Saplings are typically 24-36" here and range from $.75 - $1.50 ea depending on the tree. Give them a call and see how to order.

Otherwise Matt Harris is a good friend, member of Pond Boss, and President of the Arbor Day Foundation. I could find out his source and could probably get a good deal. Let me know.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]