Well I got rid of the Eurasian Watermilfoil and it's ALL fallen out. I see a few floating stems that have turned black. I'm thrilled with my results. My fish are growing like crazy and the LMB aren't skinny any more and gaining weight and length rapidly. The bluegill population is still quite high and we're culling LMB consistantly, keeping accurate records, and aim to take around 200 lbs out of the 6 acre pond again this year.
Now the water which was normally crystal clear is olive green with 16" to 24" visibility measured with a disc. In the last 2 or 3 days I have noticed a scum forming that varies from brown to oranangish-red to dark red and seems to stay situated in bands. It's free floating and locates on the down wind side of the pond. It doesnt cover a lot of area (I estimate less than 5% of the pond). Is this a going to become a problem? From reading I've done on this site and a few others I'm thinking it might be planktonic algae.
Also, the bottom is black in shallow areas of the pond where the milfoil was severly matted and I see a fair amount of bubbles coming to the surface. Is this due to decomposition of the milfoil, and will it cause a reduction of O2 in the pond? The pond has been steadily getting better and if this is something I should address, I want to get on it now. Thanks in advance for your knowledge passed on to all!

A dozen worms $2.00
Buying your grandson a new pole $25.00
The look on your grandson's face
when he catches his first fish PRICELESS!