Thanks Bill. I agree totally with your asessment. Hopefully next year I will have less of a problem, as more submerged plants take hold. I have very little submerged weed growth now, the pond renovation will be 2 years old next month. I think I have a couple hundred pounds of CC in the pond that I need to remove, which will help reduce the loading. I am pellet feeding, but currently a 50# bag will last a month or slightly more because the trout aren't eating like they were when the water was cooler.

I had 2 small spots of Milfoil before the renovation and I had hoped that we dug it out during the renovation. I may have inadvertedly re-introduced it when I transferred some GSH last year.

Bill, that pondweed in the lake that I showed you is starting to send flowers up thru the surface. Unfortunately, the ski boat was dropped in the lake this past weekend, and the weeds will most likely be chopped up this coming weekend. I will go swimming and remove as many as I can, clean them, and transplant them in my pond before this weekend. I'll get some viable plants or seed pods to you before the summer is over.

Last edited by esshup; 07/06/10 11:30 AM. Reason: added pondweed info.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).