I have a local source and they are Isreali Carp and common goldfish. They produce weak if no offspring. Every once in awhile I see a gold or orange colored one, but they are normally carp colored and eat up algae and soft stemmed stuff real well.

Problem with common toad and small tree frogs is they are dinks and water life cycle is usually a few weeks. Those bullfrog polliwogs are monsters, I have some just under a silver dollar size. Big headed algae eating polliwogs. They last a season, if not two. I have lots overwinter. They eat thier body weight several times over in algae as thier obdy is practically all stomach and intestine. Then they turn to frog, get older and start another cycle. They are a very good long term fix and I kind of named my business after them.

They can retail anywhere from $3 to .75 a piece. However, if you have ponds with established population just takes a good pro baitfish net. And once in a great while my fish farms buds seine in a dud, where the polliwogs outnumber everything. I get those for free, sometimes many thousand. Almost every single customer I have wants frogs. I have them in ponds over 5 acres to Italian marble fountains at wineries to wine barrel ponds. They even eat algae off of my water lily production tanks, and the lilies themselves. Just keep them algae free, with zero damage to the plants. I also feed them pellets. They are a sweet add to the food chain as well, especially for lmb ponds.