the thought on kitty litter was to use it as inexpensive type of bentonite---after putting some in a bucket and wetting and trying to mold it--it does not appear to be very good sealer material---i also put small amount 1/4 teaspoon of db200 in 16oz cup with 1/2 inch water and let sit for a day--that small amount of db200 formed about 1/8" of slime across bottom of cup so i have high hopes for it's sealing/swelling abilities--as mentioned before db200 does get extremely slippery when wet so i plan on when i use it to sandwich it between two layers of red clay. i am presently running an experiment on red clay/db200/red clay vs. red clay/db200+kitty litter/redclay to see if any difference in seepage at all---i will post the results here as well as describe what i am doing after i get a weeks results. i plan on attempting work on pond dam in late august--was planning on repair mid sept last year but got too much rain so will wait till pond is lowest in august and then try so i don't lose all my fish by draining again. my 2nd contractor lined the bottom of the pond with about 2ft red clay but did not line the dam face (which i regret not requiring at least 1/2 of it to be lined as well). will keep pond boss readers posted. otto keep an eye out on this thread please--as per our previous conversations last year i am now leaning towards trying to tie into the bottom pond liner with more lining the face of the dam rather than my original thoughs of a re-core. the bottom liner appears to have greatly improved things just i think it was not taken up the dam high enough. thanks all