Grant

You need to share what your goal is for this pond. Trophy catfish pond? If you want to grow trophies, 3/4 acre might be a little tight. If you stocked, 25 BC hybrids or Flatheads sure they'd grow large if you could manage to feed them, but they'd also become hook shy in a hurry - big cats get that way fast. So, unlike LMB, BG or other species it's entirely feasible you might hook em once and never see them again. Maybe that fits into your goals...that's what we need to know.

However, if you wanted to harvest all catfish caught and replace with transplanted fish from other waters or stock new hatchery fish regularly, that's another story. One of my next ponds was going to be a trophy catfish pond completely separated from my other watersheds. In order to feed my CB Hybrids and FCs I am going to stock with BH, BG, GSH, FHM, CC, GS and any other highly fecund species I can think of. It would be a blast to have access to 30+ lb catfish any day of the week.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]