All;

First off, thanks to everyone for your patience and support during our efforts to upgrade the forum. I appreciate the collective willingness to raise issues that needed to be addressed as it's the only way we can continue to improve the Pond Boss forum experience for us all - constructive criticism is essential to accomplishing our group mission [with the exception of Sock Puppet's threatening hate mail].

Two issues remain I want to address with the forum:

1. For a few forum members the new sidebar on the right is causing a width issue and users must scroll left to right to view the entire forum. While thankfully not a functionality issue, I agree it's a PITA as one of my PC's also experiences this issue. We have three options moving forward and I would like your feedback.

A. Keep format as is instead of reducing the overall size of the forum. While this means a few of us have to continue scrolling left-right, it's not a wholesale change that affects the entire community.

B. Move the right margin entirely to the left side. It would spell for a longer forum page, but it would alleviate the scrolling issue.

C. Remove the right sidebar entirely. This means losing the "Recent Posts" function and "Newly Uploaded Images" function which I enjoy.

Personally, I'm in favor of option A - but let me hear from you all please.

2. In an attempt to continue to provide a forum that loads quickly and allows fast navigation we imposed size limits to photos of 2MB and limited the number of photos on a post to 5. However, after hearing from a few of you we've decided to double the number of photos allowable to 10, but will retain the 2MB restriction. We're confident our available bandwidth should continue to provide efficient navigation and loading even with the expanded photo posting parameters.

Please feel free to weigh in on either/both subjects. I want to ensure we're doing everything possible to make the forum the best resource possible, except for Sock Puppet.

Thanks all -

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]