This project is going badly. Operation tropical lilies picked a very bad year to start. I took rootstock with 3 to 5 flowers per rhizome and potted them up and put them in cold water. Talk about transplant shock! All the leaves tunred yellow and since died. The new growth is sluggish at best. Not one new flower out of 20+ plants. Even my previous tropicals are just hating these cold temps and wild flucuations. Tons of rains, cold rain can't be helping.

I might just swap tanks around and get these in my hottest best hours of sunlight tank and give them another season to acclimate. I think I am at the mercy of our weather patterns and should go with developing new colors and strains of drought resistant strains. I'm still at crest or just below many of my ponds, in fact all of them. In previous seasons I'd be down 2-3 feet by now. I'd have to speculate many of my fire ponds are not going dry, and I am not going to lose 9 feet or more of water this season. Just a hunch. So I can plant many, many different rhizomes at low water this season and easily be able to get them back out next year. We went from having back to back to back serious droughts to incredible low temps and maybe 150% of normal rainfall. Did not see this coming.

I have a 13+ workday run coming up anyway so I just have to dedicate a few hours here and there to convert things over and put operation tropical on hold.