Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Bro, I'm so sorry. I can say I wouldn't have demonstrated your level-headedness and I'd be in all sorts of additional trouble right now in your position.

Originally Posted By: JoeG
JHAP I commend you for taking it so well, I know in my heart that a powerful and dangerous rage would have filled me ....

You guys don't know the half of it. I had both my Smith & Wesson 38 Special and my Winchester 30-30 with me at the time. And no I'm not kidding about that. But a few possession are not worth prison time.

I seriously debated contacting law enforcement. The trouble is nothing that was stolen has serial numbers or any other particularly identifying characteristics and it is all fairly common stuff. Perhaps I should have reported it but I had no idea when the theft had occurred or any proof as to what exactly was stolen.

DIED graciously checks in on my place but he has his own life to deal with.

I am hoping to figure out a surveillance system and get back up there ASAP to install it.

Originally Posted By: Sunil
You've got a real weakness being an absentee land owner, so factor that into how you deal with the loser/neighbor. He probably knows how far away you live.

I could have reported the neighbor for trespassing but he lives there I don't and we both know that fact. I reasoned that if I caused legal trouble for him then he might retaliate. I did tell the neighbor that I was going to install a surveillance system in the next couple of days and would not hesitate to file charges against anyone caught trespassing, let alone stealing. He also is not aware that I have left the property as I told him that we would be coming and going quite a bit the next few days and he is not always home.

You are so correct Sunil, right about now I feel more vulnerable than Brettski's prom date.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)