Yes and more. All dirt that you move and pile up has to be packed, layer by layer, as it is placed. Be sure and install an antiseep collar around the overflow pipe.

I cleaned out a very small, silted in stock tank using a front end loader and box blade a couple of years ago. I dumped the dirt on top of the dam but due to the size, I didn't/couldn't pack it. It holds water until I get to the point where I filled in an old breach spot with the stuff I had scooped out. I had to go back and use an iron bar to perforate and them tamp it all down. And this was a very small water hole. If it ever rains again in North Central Texas, I'll find out whether my repair job worked.

I think you are going to fight an uphill battle with lightweight equipment but, unless you have a washout and lose all of your available fill dirt I can't imagine you screwing anything up that a dozer can't fix a lot cheaper than having them start fresh. You might want to dig everything out and pile it up; then get a dozer to come in and fill it and pack it down using a sheepsfoot roller.

Sounds like fun to me.