Fish Gods be praised! Congratulations on the YP! I hope your management plan allows for them, I sure enjoy them in my ponds. They are very versatile, and should fit into nearly any management strategy you have in store for your fishery. Speaking of which, what are you considering species wise? YP, SMB, WE could be a strong fishery for you. IMO the GSH stand a good chance of keeping ahead of those predators and establish themselves as a permanent forage base. Yipee! Consider feeding your YP and SMB, though. Pellet trained SMB are available, and I've also heard some talk about feed training WE too.

IMO your YP are 1 year old at that size. They had to come from somewhere, my guess is you have larger fish present. A minnow on a slip float or crawler on the bottom should help you sample the adult population. You just may have some 8-12"+ YP present. And if THEY'RE in there, who knows what else might be?

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]