I’m getting ready to plant permanent grass around the new pond to replace the annual rye grass I planted for temporary cover. That got me to thinking about mowing. I cut most of the rye grass with my bush-hog and string trimmers on the dam and around the edge. We finally got it finished, and I’m ready for the hydroseeding guy to come tomorrow.

I have a tractor and bush hog plus a Cub Cadet SL1554 riding mower. The tractor and bush hog scare me on slopes and near the edge. And I doubt that the Cub would even have enough power to manage the slopes. I first thought about a sickle mower, but read on some threads here that they are a pain. I had considered a DR or Kunz or Swisher offset trail mower. But when I called my Cub dealer, he mentioned the Cub Cadet Z-Force S models that are zero turn, but have a traditional-looking steering wheel that I understand controls the hydraulics for the power wheels. He thought it would be safer than a regular zero turn mower on slopes. Then someone suggested the Gizmow Formula mower (http://www.gizmow.com/home.htm) . It also has a steering wheel, and it looks like the Cub on steroids. Apparently it was designed specifically for slopes. It’s out of my price range, but it sure looks nice.

Anyway, I was just wondering if others had researched this issue and had some relevant experience with some of the options above. I have seen a few threads dealing in part with mowers, but I thought I would see what others think about the alternatives.

Thanks,

Charles