Bill, just remember that the smaller you make this type of trap the less effective it is likely to be. This trap works on the principle that it gets in the way of fish movement and in their attempt to go around it some of them stumble into the entrance. I made this one as big as possible yet small enough for me to handle by myself for that very reason. A smaller one, or one of any size would work even better if you were to put it in the pond setting on the bottom, then wade into the pond and install some posts with some netting stretched out so that you create a set of "V" shaped wings from the corners of the trap that direct the fish toward the trap. I've done this before with smaller traps and it works great. You can even drive the fish into the trap this way. The wings can be any length you want. This may allow a trap like this to perform better in some of the larger more open ponds I've seen some of you have. Just a little harder to move the trap around. Interesting that HBG are easier to trap. I wouldn't have known that. I also find it very easy to catch crappie.

Gotta get back to fishin!