I've put a distress call in to you, Rainman. This morning, we find the pond as clear as bathwater and several dead fish around the edges. Not all, by a long shot, but still enough to be disturbing. I checked the ph and it was still low, so I bought two more 50 lb bags of lime. We added one bag and will check the ph again shortly.

We also turned on the aerator and the well water to further neutralize the pond.

Also, we have two indoor dogs. When I let them out, they tend to go to the pond when they are thirsty. I also have a pair of ducks that have made our backyard their home. Is it dangerous for any of them? There are a few patches on the ground where we spilled either alum or lime. I think I should go and clean those up right away. Any comments on how thorough I should be to make it safe for dogs and ducks?

I just checked the ph again, and it's up to a good level now. Do you think I'll have any more fish kill or do you think it's over?

I've put out some fish food, but they are not eating, but staying at the bottom. When do you think they will eat?

Do you have any suggestions? You have my number, Rainman. I would very much appreciate a phone call.

Last edited by Chandler1; 05/08/10 12:15 PM.