chris and rocky,

thanks for the imput. I actually drove out by the pond you are referring to chris, and currently is is overflowing... we have, however, had a very wet spring. I have a friend that knows the owner,and I am going to try to talk to him to see if he has any dam problems, ect...

I LOVE the clear fork of the brazos... I have shot some amazing alligator gar in that thing. (bow fishing))

So I talked to NRCS today, and they are going to work on some watershed data for me.... He mentioned that I needed to watch out for "Gyp rock..." and told me that it is rather common around this area. he says 60-70% chance to find it, and if it is there,it can make for a difficult time holding water... I dont know that much about it, and I have not found ANY posts on this rock... any ideas? I might make another post in the Dirt section.....

Think one could dig some core samples to see if you were going to hit this stuff? Remeber... there is a small 1/2 acre pond in the area that I plan on doing this.. so it will hold water....

thanks

dustin