Went back out to ranch on Sunday afternoon and I believe the bloom is starting. Secchi disk readings ranged from 7-8 feet in basin and 6-7 feet on the upper part of the lake. Much better than when we started, when you could watch see in excess of 15 feet.I think the reason the upper lake is darker is because of the predominant south winds here are blowing the fertilizer that way. After talking to "flechero" we think the bloom may have started because we had a week of rains, thunderstorms and high winds in almost every direction. We also applied another 100 lbs of fertilizer to at least keep it going and see if the bloom will get better. We will see what happens in the next two weeks and reapply a little heavier if needed.

After studying the information the fertilizer is water soluable. And this application we tried something different. Instead of mixing in buckets and pouring in the prop wash I put the fertilizer in my livewell and drove around the lake for almost three hours letting the overflow of the livewell disperse the fertilizer.

Bluegill are starting to work 4 of 5 of the feeders, so that is also optimisitc.

Also stocking a bluegill broodpond today and a tilapia broodpond on Friday.

I have heard money can't buy happiness but it sure could get this lake headed in the right direction faster!

Again thanks for all of your suggestions.