I get so much conflicting info from all the hatcheries I have talked to. Most of them around here have been telling me to do my Panfish and minnows now, and wait till fall to stock LMB.
Basicly your thinking I should do Fatheads and bass this spring. and Bluegills, Perch and pumpkinseeds next spring. I do want to do perch in here somehow. The couple hatcheries I want to do business with, will not stock in mid summer because of the heat. They finish stocking in the first week of June and then start again in fall.
Could I stock bass with Fatheads at the same time? then do Panfish in the spring? I put a couple minnow traps out and am not getting anything. There is some nonfish sources of food though. Helgramites, leaches...
I'm trying to understand this. You want the bass established before the bluegills so the bluegills dont overpopulate right away or what?
If Bluegills went in now, they would spawn next spring. If I have 6-7" bass going in with the BGs they may spawn next spring also. So I would have the original 350 LMB to feed on the fry from the spawning BGs. Just trying to make sense of this. my heads spinning LOL