Thanks for the quick responses. My head has been spinning on what to stock and how much, hopefully you guys can help. The Hatcheries all seem to want me to get Hybrids, but I'm thinking its because they want the repeat business. I'll stick with the normal BGs as you suggest and my gut feeling talls me to go that way too. I like the idea of the pond keeping the population up without stocking every couple years. I can just see myself with every Hybrid I keep, thinking theres another $.55 haha.
My goal is to have a good fishery for family and slect friends. I'd like trophy bass for myself, but a huge bluegill makes me just as happy. So maybe a pond geared towards growing large BGs and decent bass. Most everyone else in the family just fishes panfish. I like the idea of perch also, but I'm unsure how that would work out. I know we could fish them enough to keep numbers down.
Really not sure whats in there right now. I used to be able to catch about 30 12"-14" LMB in about an hour and BGs everytime the worm hit the water. I've tried it a number of times in the last year and havent had a bite. I'm an avid fisherman (about 3 times a week) so I do know what I'm doing. I did see some minnows today though.
I also treated the water with copper Sulfate today to hopefully kill off the snails. We had that black spot parassite pretty bad, so I'm hoping this helps. I did treat it pretty heavy, so I may have killed some fish if theres any left. Now was the time to do it though. I will wait about 3 more weeks before stocking so I know the water is safe.
so basicly I'm looking for good numbers of decent size bluegills and some LMB numbers and/or size.
Some channel cats may be fun also if you think they would work. Maybe Perch if they can fit into the equation also.