Actually, Pottsy, I liked your drawing and think that's an interesting approach to living with the beaver nuisance as effectively as possible and letting the little buggers work with you. I just didn't want to say any of that in conjunction with my last message because it was cracking me up too much when I wrote it to interfere with the comedic impact by actually saying something serious in that message! Sorry, pal! smile

I suspect that as hard working and fast as beavers seem to be - though I have no direct personal experience with them - anything you put into their dam may not get a warm welcome and they may work quickly to either try to remove it or negate its perceived dam impact in their little dam brains. It may be something that you just need to stay on top of really vigilantly or else you may very well find that they have stopped up the dam outlets overnight just to mess with your dam plans!

It'll be interesting to see how that works out for you. Please post some pics if you move forward on it.

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB