This is my first post to the forum. I live in Virginia and we have a pond that is about 2 acres in size. This pond is shared by 4 other property owners (the first problem). The pond is only about 11 years old and was put in by the developer. As near as I can determine it was for fire fighting water supply which never seemed to materialize since the local fire stations say they have no interest in ever using it. The problem is the overflow pipe has been rusting out for about 2 years and the water level has dropped about 10-12 inches because of it. This past winter we had a huge storm that flooded the area and the debris that piled up on the trash rack along with the water pressure collapsed the riser so the water level is now down about 3 feet below normal. We are very interested in replacing the old drain system with the siphon system which I have read about on this forum. I have received the catalog from the Pond Dam Piping company that sells the material for the system. My question is; How can the old system be sealed so it will not leak and who does that type of work? Also how expensive is that process? Here is some more data concerning our pond; The current drain consists of 60 inch diameter corrugated galvanized culvert. The barrel is approx. 45 feet long. The watershed is approx. 100-150 acres consisting of woods, pasture, roads and roof tops. In addition to the drain problem the pond has filled in from dirt from all the run off. One end near the stream used to be 4 feet deep and is now about 1 foot. I personally think a front end loader would be a good way to dig it out after it has been drained.

I would appreciate any advice and counsel you can provide.

OldBob (and I am not kidding) smile