As far as the planting technique, that varies with what time of year it is and if plants are dormant, late season or emerging, also. It really varies. But I really like going with blended soil in containers with roots coming out of bottom.

To be completely honest, I don't have experience in your neck of the woods. Out here, some call me an expert. I just laugh, hopefully what I try works, it usually does and I get all my business from word of mouth.

I really like to see seasons lowest temps, icing, customer risk aversion or tolerance for failure, soil type, water clarity, amount of sun per day in hours, color preference, plant size preference, budget, timeline, density, then I sacrifice a chicken and say three hail mary's.

Even though I always say every pond is different, every climate is not. A general safe rule of thumb I always give people without visitng thier pond in person and eyeballin it is what plants or lilies in your case work in your immediate area. It would be reckless of me to just throw out species and say go for it. But if that is what you want...

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 04/19/10 10:56 AM.