Today was a relatively good day in Northern OH, with temps in the low 60's. The pond activity is not good. There are no more BG that come to feed,as they did for the past 9yrs. I only see the BG that my son and I put in. There is one bass that I caught sight of, and not sure of the Amur whose name is Scarborough. The fish that came to the feeding bank for pellet food all had names.
We have talked with the folks from Jone's Fish farm, who seem to think that the water temp was too cold, because the bubbler was not in the correct place ie to deep. However, this was not the case. Or the fish died from some sort of pathogen.
I think, perhaps, there might have been some element in the creek water. All the dead small fry BG lined the pond like aluminum foil. I can't believe that they would all die off. I guess we will never know. On a happy note, the BG that we put in are doing well. The don't come in a V when they see me walking down to the pond, because they aren't pellet trained. Now I wonder if they have enough to eat. We are going to get the golden shiners on the 24th. Maybe we should purchase some .11 goldfish for the fish?

Last edited by Kay; 04/11/10 07:57 PM.

Kay