I can't believe it, but its true - all my blue gill died. I don't know why. I scooped out over 50 of them \:\( When the ice finally all melted in the middle of March the shore all around the pond was coated with small and medium size fry. The morphed ones then came up, as the ground thawed. This is an awful event. I have had this pond since 01.

Today I saw one Bass, and two Koi's. That is it. We have a creek that feeds the pond - which we use to keep the water level high and to skim the pond junk off of it. So the water comes in and out. We had a bubbler on all winter. There was a hole about the size of a garbage lid that stayed open. Granted, the winter was awful in N. OH., but still not to lose 50 fish. I am now afraid to restock because maybe they died from disease, or perhaps the creek water ??? Or maybe when we breached the bank to do some digging and bank work in early autumn ?? I noticed after we dug about 5 fish died. There looks to be some sort of oil or perhaps, as my son said is pine sap in the water? Does pine sap look like oil??
I am ready to just give up. So much effort, so much work, money and now nothing.
Would appreciate any help.

Kay