The muddy run off isn't necessarily good, but unless it is extremely excessive, I don't think it will kill the fish. In a pond that size, skip the crappies. They overpopulate and stunt in almost all ponds they are stocked into without very special things being done to prevent this. If you are looking for a good kids fishing pond I would keep it simple. You can stock fatheads(FHM) this spring. See how they do through the summer. If they survive OK, then this fall I would stocked 2"-4" bluegill(BG) and 2"-4" redear sunfish(RES). 70% BG/30% RES mix. I would also stock the 2"-4" largemouth(LMB) with them. In northern waters, giving the sunfish a jump will lead to them stunting. You're LMB will focus on eating all the FHM that would be in the pond come fall and the sunfish should spawn the following spring and the bass will then prey on their young, keeping them in check. Go to http://acme.com/planimeter/ and use that website to get a good idea just how big the pond is. Hopefully it isn't so new as to not be on the map, but they update the satellite photos regularly. Once the bass and sunfish are stocked, you can decide if you want to add something a little different like yellow perch or channel catfish. But they can be added later. For what you are trying to accomplish, you want about a 5:1 ration of sunfish to bass in your pond. So if you find your pond is 1 acre, stock 500 sunfish and 100 bass. If it's a half acre, stock 250 sunfish and 50 bass keeping the 70% BG/30% RES ratio in mind. Good luck...