ewest, thanks man. I've been like that 16 pound bass in one of your lakes. I've been lurking. LOL When your heart is broken for years, it's hard to comment much. When you see all of the success stories, and all of the failures, you care, but just don't have much to say. In other words, I'll always be a pondmeister, but I just lost interest because of what has appeared to be a colossal failure.

I had to say something to this guy. I'm probaby the only one in a karst area similar to his who has had the same exact thing happen to me. I hit the water table encased in rock right at the bottom of the cutoff trench. Like I said, our pictures could almost have been swapped.

The spring I found in the pond in May of 09 found it's way directly into the spring that was buried in the keyway or cutoff trench. I hadn't compacted well enough right there. Hopefully it has been corrected. Hopefully this guy can seal his pond in a manner that will keep it from finding his shown encased water table. Not to be negative, but I wouldn't bet the farm he can keep the pond from finding it. Nor would I bet the farm I've sealed my lower spring from finding the pond. But it looks far better than ever before. Losing 1/4" at the most on a 70 degree day on a new pond doesn't seem bad. It might have been 1/8". Much better than 6".

Last edited by Robinson; 03/24/10 09:32 PM.

Robinson, PI (Politically Incorrect, of Course)