Another problem with quickie fix GreenClean or it used to be is in the fine print it states Toxic to birds. I have fa in a lot of my ponds. And in my business it is the number one complaint. But just like the world we live in, everyone wants a quick fix, the express ten items or less line, and fast food. I always get called after someone coppered there pond to death or loaded it with you name it algaecides for years and got tired of throwing money down the algae drain.

In most of my ponds I just let nature take its course. The stuff goes away on its own unless something is really out of whack. Or out of balance. Algae that grows out of control is just a symptom, not a cause. And there is usually what I call multiple causation. Excessive nutrients, lack of beneficial bacteria, phytoplankton and aeration. Even water clarity and surface shade can factor in.

But from the above photos I would not get too upset. Once it gets all floaty and the wind psuhes it in one area it is very easy to manually rake out. None of it really starts growing on top, it gets there by filling up with air. Someone mentioned other vegetation. That too can make a difference. Especially plants that block sunlight and eat up the nutrients algae needs to grow. Soon I hope most of mine just goes away like it normally does. I really don't sweat the algae unless it is blue/green or completely takes over.