New to the forum but I have been checking out the site for a while now. I am building a 1 acre plus pond with a deep end of about 10’ in southern AZ, which means hot and dry conditions. The soil is a sandy loam (will be digging the pond in a 20 acre ag field) which will require lining to hold the water. Reasons for building the pond… recreation, aesthetics, and T&E fish… and because I have always wanted a pond. I am in a partnership with the AZ Game and Fish and the Fish and Wildlife to develop this pond on my private property and with their help I agree to stock two endangered fish. The water source will be irrigation and well water. I cannot afford to lose any water to seepage problems so I have decided to go with a liner. After my first go at research I had decided on a 30 mil PVC. Now I am leaning towards PPL-36 from a company out of OR. They claim to be able to fabricate the whole acre liner at the factory so that I can avoid any field seems (good advice from some on this site), and their product seems to be very strong. I will also check into the Colorado lining company. That is a little background. Now for a few questions: Once the liner is installed I plan on putting roughly a foot of parent material back onto the liner. What is the steepest slope that I can have and keep the material from sliding down the slope? I want to get to 3’-4’ feet as quick as possible to avoid vegetation problems (more good advice from this site). Has anybody had any experience with the PPL-36 or 24? It was mentioned that Otto had a good article on liners. Anyway for me to get a copy of the article? This will do for now. Thanks in advance. The project starts this Wednesday and I will provide pictures. All comments and help are welcome.