My lower end rods are all fish eagle II. One piece I have 3, I had 4 but a LM<B pulled one over when I was not looking, or fishing with two poles and landing another fish. I think I have the 5'6", 6'0 and 6'6". I won't use anything two piece. I have a real nice St. Croix and a newer Kistler. I tend to use those while my kids or guests use the FEII's.

I have all of the reels. I actually like the little Shimano's Spirex and Stradic 1000.s They are good enough. But I have some nicer Quantum Energy PT, my favorite, and a bunch of Okumas. The Epixor baitfeeder is really cool with a baby bg on it. My son caught 8 LMB to 4 1/2 in a half an hour letting that puppy feed. Hey dad, time to set the hook. I use the V system also. I fish with some tourney bass guys and they really like the Okuma spinning reels for the money/value. They have a ton of bearings and zero wobble. Pretty good drags. I try to match reels, poles and lb test. And lure weight of course. But I finesse most of the time unless I am in fast current rivers. I'd go with the FEII 5 ft and a Okuma Epixor EF-20b. Thats a great reel 9 bearing for same price as rod, $60. Helluva UL combo for $120.