Hi all,

First time poster, long time reader. I'm a noob to giving advice to others about their ponds, but we all have to learn somewhere, and I didn't see anything with the search tool that seemed to help, so sorry if this is a repost.

I have a small YP fishery, and was contacted by a pond-owner about a dilemma--feels RES have overcrowded LMB and CC.

THE POND...ellipse/oval 15 yr old/1 acre, about 15' avg depth in NW OH. Has proper aeration, uses Aqua-shade and a small bit of copper sulfate. Very little to no cover.

THE FISH....has no noticeable LMB of any size (under 6",) caught CC about 35lbs last year, and several hundred, possibly thousand, 1-3" RES. No minnows have been introduced to his knowledge, but has some tadpoles/frogs

He would like to introduce YP to control the RES. I offer fingerlings up to over 8". He also asked about more LMB fingerlings, which I can trap out of my personal pond.

Am I correct in thinking that the corrective measures would be:

1. Add artificial cover (Xmas trees, etc) to protect existing LMB fry/fingerlings and future YP perch immediately (placement in relation to shallows/deep?) Wind primarily

2. Add 10# FHM for base

3. 20-25 8"-10" Perch as opposed to 200 1"-3" fingerlings (Based on his budget)

I'm not opposed to giving him some 10"-12" LMB or LMB fingerlings out of my personal pond on top of all b/c he's a retired cop on disability, but I can't afford to give away my YP

If there is a better way that doesn't involve YP, I most certainly would rather steer him in the right direction than take somebody's money, so feel free to throw your 2 cents in.

Thanks to any and all for advice,

Steve