The BG numbers certainly won't cause stunting of catfish. They will be quite happy with that plentiful forage.

However, I do have a couple of concerns. Catching cats when they will never be hungry could be a challenge.

My biggest concern might be the bluegill biomass. These guys might be so crowded that they could cause a dissolved oxygen crash that would wipe out the cats. Since all of the BG are so small, it may have been an annual occurrence with only small fish that can get in the shallows surviving. These guys are spawning machines and catfish cannot control bluegill numbers.

I wouldn't put bass in. They will reduce the bluegill numbers but will also over spawn. It would be fun for awhile but inevitably you would become bass crowded.

If it were me, and it's not, I would kill off the bluegill or transfer all you can to the bass pond before killing and then restock with Hybrid Bluegills and channel cats. Add a feeder and you should have a pretty neat fishing hole in about a year.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP