Originally Posted By: Cisco
I like the idea JHAP. Maybe need 2 or 3 lures that would work in all areas of the country. Nothing too much so the mailing cost doesn't get too bad. Or maybe take a vote as to what specific lure gets chosen?
Good idea!

That's a possiblility Cisco, perhaps a package of 2 or 3 lures. I'd prefer if it could be one lure but it might be problematic getting one lure to work across the country. The US postal service has those priority mail flat rate boxes. We could easily fit one or several lures in a box and it will ship anywhere in the continential US for about $5.00.

Originally Posted By: n8ly
Mann's Baby Minus One or some sort of Rapala would be my choice for this situation. Make sure to get George rolling with it first, especially since he is down south, but he will have to break out his real fishing pole for this one. Be a good sport George and get things rolling for us.

I like the looks of that the Mann's Baby minus one! I don't want to saddle anyone with this. It will purely voluntary participation. Nate, you and Bruce and George have exponentially more experience in fishing waters across the US than I do. If we could get a consensus between some of our more experienced fishermen that would be great! Perhaps we should set up an expert panel, eliminate down to 5 lures and chose perhaps a collection of 3 lures. Once a consensus is reached, I'll buy the lure(s) and put them in a plastic box or something and ship it to the first participant.

Originally Posted By: 2catmom
What a great idea! Geeze, it has been so long, I forgot my password and how to post...... Back problems, on the upswing.

I vote for the Johnson's weedless silver spoon with white pork rind. It was the best for fishing in Lake St. Clair for Smallmouth and Pike.

Sorry to hear about your back issues 2cat!

I'm completely open to suggestions as to the lure. At my pond the most successful lures have been the Rapala X-rap surface lure and a Rooster Tail. But I'm probably the worst fisherman on this site.

I think this is gonna be fun! Plus it has the makings of a Pond Boss article written all over it!

More lure feedback please!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)