Originally Posted By: brin;1904822
I had algae in my pond once...go to your local farm store and buy ...Copper Sulfate...and believe it or not you will need a pair of panty hose...fill the legs of the panty hose with the copper sulfate and drag it behind a row boat in your pond moving briskly until all the copper sulfate has disolved in the water and you want to try and disperse it evenly over the water so you try to move the boat as fast as neccessary so you do not sit in one spot and have it all disolve. It worked for me.

This awsome, that is why I love this and the Tractorbynet boards so much there are so many people out there willing to offer GREAT avice and suggestions.Its awesome!
I guess after reading what Bob suggested on Tractorbynet (see entire post) for me I have more questions for the water experts now!

Should I try the Copper Sulfate???? Should I try the manual removal? Should I try to find some Tilapia? If Tilapia will help how many would you guys recomend? All I have in the pond right now is some small shell crackers. I plan on adding some small bass (30-40)in the coming weeks.

As temps warm in Sumrall, MS will this problem go away? And as a last resort should I aerate? I know that is always a good thing, but right now its a big investment, especially getting power to the pond.