Originally Posted By: ewest
 Originally Posted By: cheyenne19

... according to Jeff there is so much going on in my pond that's it's almost too complex to understand.

I agree with Jeff completely. With that many species and the situation it is more like a big reservoir than a pond or lake. We all know that even among reservoirs that look the same some have good crappie results and some don’t.

I will point out for everyone that there is a big difference between a short term change in one lake and a pond strategy that FS can suggest for others. It takes long term data and positive results replicated many times to get there. Jeff will tell you they are in the very early stages on their crappie experiment but so far so good. Your results are good source of ongoing info for them and us. Please keep us up to date on what happens - even the small stuff as there is a lot of interest in making crappie work.

I have a suggestion. Let's talk to Bob and Jeff and see about a PB mag story on your lake/results. It would make great reading.

This research is needed by the pond management industry. Please colaborate on something - we need this information!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]