6) Advertising...I totally agree. This site is "mined" by several folks, several of which don't advertise...some do.

Bob, shouldn't there be terms on here that people cannot be contacted by a third party for commercial purposes? As example, I may initiate contact with someone and enlist their services, but they could not solicit me. To use this site for their own commercial gain and not be an advertiser is unethical IMO. Perhaps this should be addressed in terms during registration.

7) I also have an idealistic side. I truly believe it is our mission to spread the word to teach people how to be better stewards of our land and water resources.

This shows in every issue of the magazine that I have read. As the forum grows the magazine grows. I have to think that your business and the business of advertisers will grow, too. At some point the laws of exponential growth will kick in.

How do you grow subscriptions?

Have advertisers include a copy of the magazine or a coupon for a year's subscription when they sell an aeration system. Have them throw a subscription card into every box they ship. Staple a card to every bag of fish feed, glue a card to every jug of water treatment, and paint your logo on Otto's machines, think outside the pond. Some may do it for free, some may ask for a trade or in kind agreement.