I will do that and take before and after photos. And no disclaimer needed, I don't think there is an expert or a right answer. This is year 7 of my ten year plan. I'm off in a few minutes to go there. Good thing is anything I do is temporary, the stuff grows back in a few years. So the risk is minimal. And I am going to recapture much of the space wasted to cattails/bulrushes. What I want to do is maimize my most effective plants, and minimize my least effective plants.

Right now too much cattails/bulrushes and they just are not effective.

American pondweed, just about right, effective.

Water primrose and lilies very effective. Not nearly enough lilies, and they die where primrose goes from 10 feet deep to shore during drawdown, but dies back to nothing in winter.

I am dealing with a drawdown also. My long term goal as far as fish population is max amount of 1-3 lb lmb. Even if I have to artificially exceed my holding capacity. Right now I have to augment forage with about 500 bg per season, but I started 7 years ago with zero forage. I still have one dead useless shoreline. Completely overun with previously cut willows. Whatever works best is going to go there year 8 and 9.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate real life examples.

And yes, my most productive casts are working the weedline from outside. I have had one bas pro in and he was just amazed. I have another one coming out this season for free fish and consult. They are good guys who just want to c and r finesse style, relax and bs. Zero pressure and putt putting around in the aluminum instead of the 50 K bass boat.

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 02/19/10 11:42 AM.