The use of crappies in ponds is such a challenge. My observation is, many ponds that are stocked with crappie are stocked by hands off pond owners. Either they just stock a few adult crappies caught from another BOW or they stock a batch of fingerlings with the bass early on and never manage the pond after. If a pond owner stocked crappies in a pond, and then actively managed it utilizing methods we know could help control their numbers if crappies could be more of a possibility. I have no idea if this idea would work, but if I tried to stock crappies into a pond I would do this. As with northern ponds, the LMB are often stocked before the BG. This is to give them a chance to get some size on them to help control any BG offspring. Well, in the case of crappie, give the bass a 3 or even 4 year jump on the crappie. Wait 3 or 4 years after the bass are stocked in a new pond before adding crappie. But you really have to want crappie in your pond to take that kind of risk... My experience with crappie in ponds is either feast or famine. When they spawn either they don't produce any offspring or they produce way too many... This in it off itself makes crappie so hard to manage is small ponds.