Greg:

I haven't used them on game, just paper and they shoot great. I just ordered a variety of bullets for the .243 when I got it, and the TSX worked. They are more of a match bullet vs. a hunting bullet, and Hornady says that they aren't intended for use on medium and large game. I think it all depends on the impact velocity. The .243 was purchased for Whitetails, and since I didn't know if the shots would be 30' or 300 Yds I started with the TSX's. The one deer that I shot with it was probably 40' away, and I put the bullet in one ear and out the other, so any bullet would have worked. I wasn't happy with the 100g Nosler Ballistic Tip in .257 Wby. I shot a doe @ 80 yds., and I probably wouldn't have recovered her if I didn't watch her run and die. No blood trail 'cept 10 yds before she tipped over, and she ran for 80 Yds. That's when I switched to the TSX for any "big" game that would see impact speeds over 3000 fps.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).