+1 for Greg. A buddy of mine got a scope from him, best price around and great service. I've heard some good things about the Nikon Scopes.

Greg, a 10 year old Mallard? Wow! Take care of the kids, the video can wait.

My buddy has a .44 Mag wheelgun, I'll ask him what scope he's got on it. He just had to buy a Tarus Raging Bull in .480 Ruger. He ran about 40 rounds thru it and put it away, saying that the recoil was too bad. I shot it, and bought it. While I wouldn't want to shoot it all day long, I don't think it's too bad. If I'm using my Muzzleloader and chasing after hogs, that .480 is going along for the ride as well.

For load development work, I have a gun rest that is very similar to the Lead Sled, except that I chain the front end down to the shooting bench. That really saves the shoulder! A buddy really appreciated it when he was playing around with his .375 H&H.

I was kicking around the idea of building up a rifle for deer here in Indiana, but now I'm thinking of building a Striker with a magazine instead. I want something that will reach out 300 yd. or so, and that seems the most cost effective way to do it.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).