This thread is a full semester, maybe more, of college work. I've now read everything 3 times and it confirms that "It all depends".

Let one thing get out of whack and it is a sure bet that it will affect at least one other factor. When that affected factor is water quality evidenced by decreased oxygen, all other factors will be changing faster than most of us can respond.

Maximum carrying capacity, to me, is that number I reach right before the fish kill. Been there/done that, more than once.
And, it's not the numbers of fish but what I have done by over fertilization either chemically or by the fish themselves. Cody once said that fish swim/live in their own toilet and I've disregarded that a couple of times. The fish always pay for my mistakes.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP