In driving thru the countryside the past few weeks, I've noticed a nunber of ponds that have some type of aeration system. It's probably evenly divided between windmill and electric. What I don't know is the type of aerator that is being used, airstone or membrane, and what size the unit is.

What I do know is that I have a single Vertex membrane diffuser, suspended at a constant 5' below the pond surface. The open water area in my pond is greater than any other ponds' open water area that I've seen. The electric pump that I have was purchased from someone in Ohio off of e-bay 5 or 6 years ago as part of the pond aeration kit. It also came with 100' of non-weighted 1/2" (most likely 5/8" i.d.) air line, a double black membrane diffuser attached to a 2' square white 3/16" or 1/4" thick plastic base. The single Vertex diffuser is keeping the open water area the same size as the 2 diffusers that came with the unit. I know what I'm going to go with if I ever need another system.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).