Does anyone on this forum have any experience working with the Northwest Florida Water Management District? Northwest FL Water Management I don't have any problems with them but would like to better understand their rules and processes. Also, if anyone has experience constructing ponds/lakes in this area I would be interested in a discussion - offline.

Some context:
I am buying 177 acres near Tallahassee and want to build a lake/pond. I have done much research (topo's, arial's, Soil Survey data for the site, talked with the NRCS, etc.) A representative from the Northwest Florida Water Management agency visited the site and said he would permit a 6 acre lake under agriculture use. I was hoping for ~ 10 acre lake. He said anything larger would need to go get a "recreational" permit and I could build a 25 acre lake. This permit would require a request from the DEP (department of environmental protection?). He doubted they would approve it. I have read the rules under Chapter 40A - XX (see bottom of link above), but don't see the size restriction language.

Again, I am looking for someone with experience in the Tallahassee area that was built lakes/ponds and/or has dealt with the permitting process there.

Thanks,
Paul