Just got off the phone with Tim Gollon of Gollon Fisheries of Dodgeville Wisconsin. He was squeezing eggs but still took about 30 minutes to talk to me about fish and fish stocking.

Has anyone worked with Gollon Fisheries?? He seemed like a knowledgable guy and very easy to work with.

I am not looking to bad mouth the company here on the forum, just looking to see if anyone had a positive response. I am not sure if there are many northern pondmeisters on the site and maybe even less from Southern Wisconsin area but a little feedback would be nice.

he suggested for a 1 acre pond
5 gallon FH in the spring
500-600 3-5" YP
25 WE
75-100 SMB either 3-4" or 4-6"
prices were good

We got off the subject and never asked about GSH but they sell them.

Last question for all of you concerns the catfish pond. The 1/3 acre catfish pond will sit in front of the main pond and water will flow down hill from the forage ponds to the catfish pond and from the catfish pond to into the main pond (thanks Bob for advice). I just ordered the back issue of Pond Boss that talks about piping so hopefully that will help. As the water moves from the catfish pond to the main pond, how do I prevent catfish (small ones) from flowing into the main pond where I do not want them? Depending upon the type of piping am I safe to assume that a screen of sorts will stop the fish from moving? The main reason for asking is Tim mentioned that BG would be a better forage for catfish than FH but I am concerned about BG making there way to the main pond (along with overpopulation). Since I do not live on the land I am trying to avoid feeding at this time so forage fish will be the main diet for the catfish. In all of your collective wisdom what are your ideas?

I am still having fun.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?