Well I met with the guy that has the large pond. He has just recently completed its current stage. I guess he actually does dirt work for a living, and has been selling the dirt out of his pond. At $3.50 a yard, he had just sold 90,000 yards before I met with him. Wow

Its a pretty large pond. He claimed it will be about 10 acres when full, to me it looked to be around 6 for now. He said at the deepest it was a bit over 20'. He was filling it with a regular AC well pump running around 40 gpm. He said it was costing him around $70 a month to run, but that it had brought the pond up about 4 feet in the last 2 months. To me, doing it this way just might be the best. I know what I want, and if I can get the electric company to put in service, its probably the way i'll end up supplementing. If I had to run it for 6 months out of the year, at $70 a month, the $420 spent would be worth it from the enjoyment my family and I will get.

I spoke with him for quite a while, and am going to have him come look at my site in the next week or two. He did tell me that he can dig 5000+ yards per day with his excavator. This is at $1000 a day, 10 hour days.

In the beginning I was figuring a 3 acre pond at an average of 6' deep. He suggested averaging 10'. I think 3 acres at a 10' average is about 48,400 yards.

One of the things I havent mentioned is that I not only want a pond to fish in, but I would also like to be able to test my jetski's in it also, hence the reason for the large size...

Although that stream is there, I dont know that it actually flows enough water to keep a trash pump running. When I walked it a month ago, it didnt seem very deep. Who knows, Just to help in the initial filling, I may rent one and try it...