Yup, you're right about the weight. The ramp with the 2 x 10's will weigh around 600#. I called Dock Builders this a.m. for a hardware/flotation quote and they said they'd have a quote back to me by tomorrow morning. I gave them the projected size of the dock, including the ramp. The floating portion of the pier will be in the shape of a "T", with the top of the "T" 12' wide by 8' deep, the bottom of the "T" is a planned 16' long x 4' wide. Total length of the floating portion will be 24'. That puts the deep end of the pier in 8' of water now, and the pond is within a foot of low pool. Hopefully they will tell me where to put the pipe collars as well. I wasn't sure how many pipes to put in the pond to anchor the pier.

I thought about if the top of the pipes were open that they'd fill up with water. Instead of capping them, I'll drill a 1/4" hole in the upper portion of the pipe, right above low pool water level to let any excess water out.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).