Paul,

I have the plans of the company mentioned and it's Information Unlimited P.O. Box 716 Amherst, NH 03031 (603) 673-4730. However I was not that impressed.

What bothered me about the plans is there is no voltage regulation and it is said that it may kill the fish. I am raising fish for a niche market and wouldn't want to kill any of my fish or damage them permamently with something that does not allow me to regulate the voltage.

Actually bigger fish are more susceptable to the shock than smaller ones.

There is a company out west that makes all the equipment needed for shocking fish, but they're not cheap. However the quality looks very good. It's Smith-Root, Inc. 14014 NE Salmon Creek Avenue, Vancover, WA 98686 Phone (360) 573-0202 Fax: (360) 573-2064 Email: info@smith-root.com and a website at www.smith-root.com

According to Smith-Root for a typical boat setup you will need an engine and generator (you could rent this), a control box, a junction box, a safety ground, a foot switch (to cut power if someone fell overboard or power needs to be stopped immediately,and a couple of anodes.

For a typical shore hook-up with anode pole and control box, it's the same except for the addition of a pulsator, a cathode and a anode pole.

Prices vary depending on the size of the units needed related to the conductivity of the water. Their low end "combo model 1.5 KVA" which consists of a control box, 15 ft. anode cable with foot switch, 15 ft. cathode cable and instruction manual runs a little over $3000.00. This does not include the arrays and booms.

I'm going to get one in the future but I need to pay off some debts first.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.