My pond has filled back up from the 3 inches it was to an average of 5 feet deep. Close to 6 feet is the deepest part. I have what I believe to be widgeon grass, american pondweed and some FA. My pond is about an acre. I stocked 1,000 FHM and they have reproduced very nicely so far. Everywhere I go, I see little fatheads. I have also stocked 7 small carp which should grow very fast with all the food they have. I am wanting to stock HBG and LMB. A local fish farm has told me to stock 500 HBG and 250 LMB and they will be in the 3-4" range. I think now is the best time with all the habitat the fish have. I want to be able to fish my pond with my two man boat and trolling motor. Obviously with widgeon grass and american pondweed, I will be spending half my time cleaning my trolling motor. So after all this rambling comes the question. Do I go ahead and stock all my fish and leave the grass and pondweed alone and then try to get them under control next year? Are they something I can get under control? I like the idea of stocking tilapia and would that be a good idea for next year to help with my aquatic vegetation? I have noticed my pond clearing up alot where the pondweed is growing. Also I have a sandy bottom with clay underneath. I will be installing a 50 GPM pump to keep the pond full and at this time have no plans or money for aeration.