The dog is a British Lab and only about 50 pounds. A lot of these geese are 9 to 12 pounds and just about too big for his mouth to get around.

The rules in Illinois is 100 yards from houses, 50 yards for the center of a roadway and you cannot shot over a roadway. The houses are over a half mile away and the roadway is 500+ yards away. A lot of the footage was shot on 10 to 15x zoom making them appear much closer than they are.

Its not the videoing that takes the fun out of the hunt. We video with our group of 4 to 6 all the time. What isn't fun is the extra production of shooting a hunting show that takes the fun out of it. They brought/invited a lot more guys than we like to hunt with to make sure they could get enough footage. We only hunted 6 guys at a time to keep it safe/manageable and I am not use to rotating in and out. I am used to sitting in the decoys calling and having fun with the guys. For most of the shot we where sitting on the sidelines and not hunting. Maybe it was this situation that didn't sit well with me and if I was more involved I would of felt different.

Last edited by lassig; 01/02/10 07:43 AM.