Happy holidays to everyone.

I am changing subjects a bit but keeping it here in the "dream" forum so as not to create too many separate threads. I hope that is okay.

I just received the next edition of Pond boss and I broke the rules. The magazine needs to last 2 months until the next one arrives so usually I must ration how much I read. I could not hold back and began into the Mr. Bob Lusk's article or follow up about converting the SM pond.

The question here is about riprap. Because of the abundance of rock at the pond site we want to riprap the entire pond. I have read about the beneifts and since I will have SM it seems to make sense.

Bob's article mentioned putting down fabric to help with weeds coming up through the riprap. He was doing an experiment. Considering the amount needed for even just a 1-1.5 acre pond, is this needed or is there another way to deal with weeds through the riprap? Do most people lay down some type of fabric under the riprap? I guess with the amount of work and money going into the 'dream', I want to do it right and best if possible.

There is probably a thread for this but any input is appreciated.

thanks

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?