But TJ, 'talking' doesn't sound near as much fun as those other things you mentioned! (by the way, this other land owner is shopping around for pond property and also works in an industry where he comes across a lot of PVC)

Burger and Rex, that sounds like a mess and I hope it gets resolved so you can put that unnecessary stress to bed for good. I'm praying we can nip this in the bud before we get to that point.

I was certainly nice when I approached the young men. They didn't see us coming and from talking to the other land owner, they might have bolted if they had. My dog startled them. I introduced myself by asking if they had permission from the land owner. His response was "I suppose not". Kind of irritated me with that cocky answer, but I kept my cool and basically said, hey I know this big pile of dirt looks like a lot of fun, I'm sure it is, but the fact of the matter is, the land owner doesn't know you, you didn't ask permission, and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you on his property without his knowledge. They took off quickly down the trail on their little dirt bikes without an argument.