Folks,
This is an area specific question, but I'm hoping that someone will be able to help me.

I'm the proud owner/builder of a new pond in the Northern Sacramento Valley of CA. Being a new pond owner, I'm trying to get up to speed on the availability of LMB, RES, BG, CC, etc hatcheries in my area and/or the ability to mail order from outside the state. I know that CA has some stringent stocking laws and a recent law suit has apparently has made things tougher on hatcheries and pond owners alike. From what I've read previously on the DFG website, I don't need a stocking permit for the afore mentioned species in my particular county (Butte), so my question is this. Are there hatcheries in my area that I can get LMB (specifically F1's), RES, BG and CC? And will I have to register with the state due to the recent lawsuit? And finally, If I can't get these species close to home, will people ship fish to CA from other parts of the country?

I don't have anything to hide, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of submitting to random inspections by the state. Kind of like gun registry....once you register, then they know where to find you.

Thanks for the input.
DD

"I'd never be a member in a club that would have a guy like me as a member"....Groucho Marx